A very thorough primer on MySQL/MariaDB.
All examples are based on the command-line, which is a good choice for the learning purpose.
Running through the text are a plethora of examples, the sample databases can be downloaded from the authors website.
The book have five parts:
1. The Software – a general high-level introduction
2. Database structures – creating and modifying database schemas
3. Basics of Handling Data – about CRUD operations
4. Built-in Functions – String, Date and Time, Aggregate and Numeric functions
5. Administration and Beyond – User administration, Backup/Restore, Import/Export, very short introduction to Programming Language API’s.
Due to the detailed descriptions of the examples, this book also requires good english language skills.